How to determine the state of the CTRL key without a keyboard event?

Mirko Boehm mirko at hackerbuero.org
Tue Apr 15 16:37:32 BST 2003

Hi everbody,

I stumbled on a weird thing I could not solvw on my own so far:

How do I find out the state of the CTRL key (or any other modifier key)
when there is no other key pressed and no keyboard event released?
Consider mouse movements or what I am thinking about: combining the
modifier keys with (in this case Sony) laptop specific function keys or
the jog dial that are not reported as keyboard events.

Where do I look for it?

Thank you,

--Mirko.