System tray - more information

Stefan Gehn sgehn at gmx.net
Wed Apr 9 21:43:09 BST 2003

Moin,
On Mittwoch April 9 2003 22:31, George Staikos wrote:
> On Wednesday 09 April 2003 16:24, Stefan Gehn wrote:
> > On Mittwoch April 9 2003 22:01, George Staikos wrote:
> > >    In effect, we have this behaviour:
> > >
> > >   1) If the window is docked/hidden in the tray, then show it on the
> > > present desktop, on top, with the focus.
> > >   2) If the window is NOT docked/hidden in the tray:
> > >        2a) If it is on another desktop, move to the top, give the focus
> > > and EITHER move to that desktop, OR bring it to this desktop.
> > >        2b) If it is on this desktop, if it is obscured in any way,
> > > bring it to the top and give it the focus.
> > >        2c)  if it is on this desktop and NOT obscured in any way (even
> > > if it doesn't have the focus), hide it.
> > >
> > >    That seems reasonable to me.  Is there anything wrong with that?
> >
> > Yes, I want to hide the window when it's on my screen (i.e. even if it's
> > hidden under tenthousands of other windows), not bring it to front. If
> > you want to make it top, click the taskbar-button of that window but
> > don't abuse the systray for it. I don't like the idea of removing
> > taskbar-buttons for windows with a systray-icon either.
>
>    Hm if the taskbar isn't present, then it's impossible to know that it is
> not hidden though.  It could be a bit confusing.

Show me anybody who is not using some sort of taskbar. You can't deny the fact
that it's almost impossible to handle windows without a taskbar/kasbar (just
think about apps that have no systray-icon, what to do about these?).

Bye, Stefan aka mETz|away (/quit zZZZzz)
--
sgehn_AT_gmx.net | ICQ#51123152 | Moege der Pinguin mit euch sein