System tray - more information

Stefan Gehn sgehn at gmx.net
Wed Apr 9 21:24:01 BST 2003

Evening,
On Mittwoch April 9 2003 22:01, George Staikos wrote:
>    In effect, we have this behaviour:
>
>   1) If the window is docked/hidden in the tray, then show it on the
> present desktop, on top, with the focus.
>   2) If the window is NOT docked/hidden in the tray:
>        2a) If it is on another desktop, move to the top, give the focus and
> EITHER move to that desktop, OR bring it to this desktop.
>        2b) If it is on this desktop, if it is obscured in any way, bring it
> to the top and give it the focus.
>        2c)  if it is on this desktop and NOT obscured in any way (even if
> it doesn't have the focus), hide it.
>
>    That seems reasonable to me.  Is there anything wrong with that?

Yes, I want to hide the window when it's on my screen (i.e. even if it's
hidden under tenthousands of other windows), not bring it to front. If you
want to make it top, click the taskbar-button of that window but don't abuse
the systray for it. I don't like the idea of removing taskbar-buttons for
windows with a systray-icon either.
I don't see the systray as a taskbar-replacement but as an addon to hide/show
windows fast and get access to the most needed functions by pressing RMB.

Bye, Stefan aka mETz
--
sgehn_AT_gmx.net | ICQ#51123152 | Moege der Pinguin mit euch sein