KDE_3_0_BRANCH: can't do make -f Makefile.cvs!

Michael Brade brade at kde.org
Mon Sep 30 10:00:23 BST 2002

On Monday 30 September 2002 09:43, Stephan Kulow wrote:
> Am Monday 30 September 2002 03:09 schrieb Michael Brade:
> > Hi!
> >
> > I have a problem building the KDE 3.0.4 branch, I get errors like this
> >
> > automake: kdf/Makefile.am: object `kdfwidget.$(OBJEXT)' created both with
> > libtool and without
> >
> > in probably all modules (but in kdelibs, kdebase, kdepim and kdeutils for
> > sure) when executing make -f Makefile.cvs. This is with automake
> > 1.6.{1,2} and autoconf 2.53.
>
> I'm suprised the branch did let you use automake 1.6. it should have barfed
> at you as very first step. Did you replace the admin dir?
Nope, just did a fresh checkout. I tried to replace it after those errors but
that didn't help too much :-} Ok, but I guess now I know why ;)

--
Michael Brade;                 KDE Developer, Student of Computer Science
  |-mail: echo brade !#|tr -d "c oh"|s\e\d 's/e/\@/2;s/$/.org/;s/bra/k/2'

KDE 3: The Next Generation in Desktop Experience