kcombobox wheelmouse scrolling

Thomas Zander zander at planescape.com
Mon Sep 30 07:22:39 BST 2002

On Sun, Sep 29, 2002 at 03:25:17PM -0600, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Sunday 29 September 2002 02:53, Thomas Zander wrote:
> > On Sun, Sep 29, 2002 at 01:09:24PM -0600, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > > the point is not to get the user to learn, but to have the UI react in a
> > > way the user would expect it to, namely:
> > >
> > >  o if scrolling the web page, continue to scroll it
> > >  o if purposefully positioned over a combobox, scroll it
> >
> > And my point is that you can never get software to follow the intentions of
> > the user correctly; and if you can't do it correctly then your users will
> > not like the way the system behaves.
> i think it can be done such that there are few and perhaps in
> practice no perceived inconsistencies. between a spacial and temporal
> "manhatten length" we should be able to let the interface respond with good
> accuracy to where the users intended focus is.

> barring any new information, i've said all that i have to offer on the
> matter.. anymore replies will just be reiterations of what i've already said
> =) so decide away...

Before reaching this paragraph I wanted to say something similar allready;
lets just agree that we disagree.
I would like to see some use cases on these fixes.

As long as this has not been programmed will you agree that the comboboxes
in khtml should be disabled?
Please sent me an email as soon as someone has programmed this :)

Thomas Zander   zander at planescape.com
We are what we pretend to be