QStyle::stylePixmap, KDockWidget header height

Thomas Zander zander at planescape.com
Sun Sep 29 21:58:05 BST 2002

On Sun, Sep 29, 2002 at 10:19:06PM +0200, Hans Meine wrote:
> Andreas Zehender <zehender at kde.org> writes:
> > Hi!

> > > Yes, unfortunately, Keramik has to treat KDockWidget separately because
> > > the default-size button is way too large for this :-( I can't think of a
> > > nice solution right of the bat, but I'll keep thinking about it.
> >
> > Then the themeable close button does not work as expected and requires some
> > ugly hacks in the styles. I will revert it for KPovModeler.
> >
> > IMHO it should be reverted in KDockWidget, too.
>
> How about introducing QStyle::SP_SmallTitleBarCloseButton or a
> separate flag which tells the style that it's not about the "outer"
> window's titlebar but about an "inner" (MDI-like) window?
>
> I don't think themeable close buttons for dock widgets are a bad
> idea.. ;-)

As an addition; the idea that QDockWindows have a different close button then
main windows seems a bit odd to me in the first place. I certainly agree they
should look different; but I have a theme that has the close button on the left
its really wierd that the QDockWindows (toolbars etc) have the close button on
the right.

If nothing else; the close button should listen to main closebutton look and
feel of the style.

Thomas Zander   zander at planescape.com
We are what we pretend to be