klanguagebutton/combo

Klas Kalass klas.kalass at gmx.de
Sat Sep 21 17:22:21 BST 2002

Hi all!
I was wondering if it would be possible to include languageselectors and
country-selectors in kdelibs (I know, too late for KDE 3.1 but for KDE 3.2?)

An interface element that allows selection of installed languages is used by
kcontrol/kdm, kcontrol/locale and kpersonalizer. Apparently Each of those
have their own implementation.

For selection of possible countries there are widgets in at least
kcontrol/locale, kpersonalizer and kdeedu/keduca. Needless to say that those
are not shared...

I also saw that there are files called klangcombo.{cpp,h} and
klanguagebutton.{cpp,h} in khelpcenter which possibly do the same as one of
those quoted above (I could not find them in the GUI though....).

Shall I add it to the feature list?

Klas