System tray.

Havoc Pennington hp at redhat.com
Sat Sep 21 04:34:55 BST 2002

Zack Rusin <zack at kde.org> writes:

> I was wondering how come the following patch from Red Hat Null has never
> been applied to the system tray applet?
> http://www.mirror.ac.uk/sites/ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/beta/null/en/os/i386/SRPMS/kdebase-3.0.3-3.src.rpm/kdebase-3.0.2-dock.patch?extract=true

It's possible people didn't know about it, I'm not sure if it was
submitted as it should have been.

> I found out about it today. Did anyone hear about it before? It's dated
> on July 29th so it's not exactly new. It seems to implement the docking
> as defined on:
> http://www.freedesktop.org/standards/systemtray/systemtray-spec.html

Note, this spec is not final; in particular the "message balloon"
stuff was going to come out because people wanted to make their own
balloons instead of having the tray do it. (I still like the balloons
being done in a single consistent place, but there wasn't good
consensus.)

However, I don't remember any controversy on the actual docking part,
and that's all the patch adds.

Havoc