Style Commit policy

Andy Fawcett andy at athame.co.uk
Thu Sep 19 19:40:20 BST 2002

On Thursday 19 September 2002 21:26, Klas Kalass wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 19. September 2002 11:23 schrieb Andy Fawcett:
> > >
> > >Only changes to strings, otherwise I wouldn't make the commits
> > > silent. :-)

> > >When I see something other wrong than what I'm looking for atm I
> > > fix it too.
> >
> > Is it possible to modify the "cvs to mail" scripts so that they
> > automatically includes the "X-WebCVS:" header information in the
> > body of the message?
>
> You do not need that if you use kmail from make_it_cool or apply the
> patch that is linked to from the features page for KDE 3.2 which
> enables display of arbitrary headers in kmail.

Yeah, I was informed of that patch off-list, thanks.

However, from my earlier mail:
--
This is almost exactly what I was thinking of, but done on the KDE
(cvs|mail) server itself. Reasons being:

1. Not everyone uses KMail (heresy!)

2. Not everybody uses procmail (or similar) to filter incoming messages.
--

For example, I do some KDE stuff from work, via a plaintext SSH
connection, X over the link is too slow. So, I read my kde-cvs mail

Currently, I have to open the message, click on "blah" to get the full
headers, and then click on the link.

I presume I'm not the only person doing mail without kmail, so getting
the link in the body would probably be better for more than just me.

However, I can live with it the way it is, I don't need to see the link
for every commit...

A.

--
Andy Fawcett      |   "In an open world without walls and fences,
andy at athame.co.uk |      we wouldn't need Windows and Gates."