Binary incompatibility in KLineEdit

Dirk Mueller mueller at kde.org
Fri Sep 13 10:36:29 BST 2002

On Fre, 13 Sep 2002, Cornelius Schumacher wrote:

> KLineEdit has some binary imcompatible changes. There were added some virtual
> functions as the attached diff against the 3.0 version shows. Could somebody
> who undestands better than me what these changes were intended for please
> have a look.

These are not binary incompatibilities, as they reimplement existing virtual
methods.

However, I agree, the setSmartTextUPdate() change should be reverted, as it
doesn't fit into kdelibs. If at all, it should be fixed in Qt.

I've tried to contact Dawit about this, but got no answer (at least as far
as I remember :) ).

--
Dirk (received 317 mails today)