Network Printer Management Tool (-> CVS)

Kurt Pfeifle kpfeifle at danka.de
Thu Sep 12 12:24:36 BST 2002

Michael Goffioul wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm currently developing a network (printer) management tool built
> around the scli utility (which itself uses the SNMP protocol). Its
> main purpose is to graphical show various information about network
> devices (in my case, printers). I'm developing it as an addon for
> kdeprint.
>
> You can view some screenshots at
> http://www.geocities.com/kdeprint/skli.html
>
> My point here is that I'd like to put it somewhere into CVS. I'm
> thinking about kdenonbeta at first, then kdeaddon (maybe by
> creating a kdeprint subdir) when it becomes complete and stable.
>
> Any objection to that (or better suggestion)?

kdeextragear-1 ?

My (selfish) reason: kdeextragear-1 is reasonably small for me to
compile. Everything in there compiles for me. I am used to your
near-perfect releases and commits -- so skli would fit in there.

kdenonbeta is huuuuuge. 50% doesn't compile for me and needs a lot
of manual Makefile corrections. skli doesn't fit in there (other
than increasing the compilation rate success to 50,5%... ;-)

kdeextragear-1 (as I understand) is a temporary repository for
projects which are "not yet there" (and whose final home in KDE
is not yet decided), but should catch the eye of more developers
and CVS users...

Kurt