[Kroupware] Re: Preannounce: Kroupware Project started

Roberto H. Alsina ralsina at kde.org
Wed Sep 11 14:59:26 BST 2002

On Wed, Sep 11 2002 at 02:49:20am +0200, Martin Konold wrote:
> On Wednesday 11 September 2002 12:34 am, Michael Brade wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> > Now, already the first technical question: why did you choose Cyrus IMAP
> > instead of Courier IMAP?
>
> Basically I think both are nice oss sw.
>
> We chose Cyrus IMAP for several reasons including but not limited are extrem
> scalability to many thousands of users.

I can vouch for it. It is a bit of a pain to setup, but it works for easily
ten times the user load of uw. All distributions should come with it, configured
with PAM auth.

> A powerful and standard conformant scripting language (Sieve).

A way to upload kmail filters into sieve would kick ass. I hope you have
that planned :-)

> Nice implementation of ACL's and shared folders.

And per-folder quotas, and multiple stores, and....

 `9_ 9  )   `-. (    ).`-._.`)  ralsina at kde.org
 (_Y_.)' ._   ) `._`.  " -.-'   Former KDE Developer (MFCH)
(l)-'' ((i).' ((!.'             Buenos Aires - Argentina
"You can't be an emperor because some moistened
bint lobbed a scimitar at you!" Monty Python.