Preannounce: Kroupware Project started

Don Sanders sanders at kde.org
Wed Sep 11 11:40:14 BST 2002

> No offense taken. Actually, we expect Kroupware to be a short-lived
> name, which is why we didn't spend much time on searching for a
> better one. It is the name of the current project and thus is
> likely to die once the project has been completed
> (administration-wise). The server has the working title Kolab, and
> the clients already have names: KMail and KOrganizer. There might
> be a need for common name for the integration of both, and
> Koalition has been proposed for this, but we have postponed this
> for now. (Kaplan, danimo's and mhk's work on integrating KMail and
> KOrganizer, might be another namegiving candidate.)

Ok. Yes we shouldn't forget the Kaplan guys. I do apologize to them
but I've been too busy to look at their project. But I plan to make
KMainWin a KPart very soon, and hopefully they'll like that. I will
definitely send a patch of that to khz also, and listen to any feed
back he gives me very carefully.

BTW about the name Kontact, the main problem with it is that the
domain Kontact.org is taken by someone who is asking quite a lot of
money for it. But I negotiated it down a bit to $US333 and have made
a payment to buy the name, hopefully ownership rights will be
transferred to me soon.

In which case in a sign of good will you a free to have the name, just
ask for it and I will transfer ownership to you (for free).

But if you want it please tell me sooner rather than later as
otherwise I might use it myself :-)

Don.