KDockWidget'S

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Tue Sep 10 18:12:57 BST 2002

On Tuesday 10 September 2002 18:58, Andreas Zehender wrote:
> Hi!
>
> On Monday 09 September 2002 12:40, Daniel Molkentin wrote:
> > It's quite ok for now. What I would like to have is that reparent gets
> > the WStyle_NoBorder hint. While that should be pretty trivial, how
> > complicated is it to add further buttons to the self-drawn handle in
> > KDockWidget?
>
> The attached patch adds an undock button to the header and adjusts the size
> of the dock back button.
>
> It adds a new slot and defines a KDockWidgetHeaderPrivate class with one
> member (was only declared forward), what should be binary compatible.
>
> What can be a problem is that the destructor of KDockWidgetHeader is not
> inline any more (it has to delete the d member). Is this binary compatible?
> If yes, will it be called from already linked programs? This patch would
> introduce a memory leak otherwise.

 I guess we need a new rule in the keep-BC paper, saying that classes willing
to stay BC shouldn't have inline destructor.

 You can destroy the private data by inheriting class
KDockWidgetHeader::KDockWidgetHeaderPrivate from QObject and passing the
KDockWidgetHeader instance that created it as its parent (so it will delete
it automatically). *shrug*

 BTW, if you want, you can just use KDockWidgetHeaderPrivate instead of
KDockWidgetHeader::KDockWidgetHeaderPrivate , if you move the forward
declaration out of the class (lazy people ... including me :-/  ). It won't
break BC, the 'd' member is just a pointer.

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer
SuSE CR, s.r.o.  e-mail: l.lunak at suse.cz , l.lunak at kde.org