kdepim depends on kdenetwork through mimelib

Best, Jan-Pascal van j.p.vanbest at tbm.tudelft.nl
Mon Sep 2 10:29:53 BST 2002

(sent to kmail and kde-core-devel)
Hi all,

Because of my Exchange server handling additions to kde-pim,
there is now a dependency of kdepim on kdenetwork. My
Exchange stuff makes use of mimelib (in kdenetwork) to
decode appointments on an Exchange server (they're given
as rfc822 email messages containing the appointments in
iCalendar format in am rfc2045 MIME container with
mime-type text/calendar).

Since mimelib is part of kdenetwork, this means that kdepim
now depends on kdenetwork. To resolve this, I would propose
to move mimelib from kdenetwork to kdelibs. Would you agree
to that? And if you do, how should I go about doing that
properly?

Cheers

Jan-Pascal