Session restoration not working properly for xmms

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Thu Oct 31 17:45:33 GMT 2002

On Thursday 31 October 2002 17:27, Lubos Lunak wrote:
> On Thursday 31 October 2002 15:47, Chris Howells wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > Session restoration doesn't seem to work properly for xmms. It always
> > starts two copies of xmms (you can enable a setting in the options to
> > allow two copies to be started). I'm running beta2 at the moment, haven't
> > been able to try rc1 yet (sorry)....
> >
> > IMHO this is an important fix for 3.1. I've no idea if it affects other
> > GNOME/GTK+ apps.
>
>  #33087 .

 Hmm, I just closed the bugreport. Citing:

 XMMS bug. It uses the standard X session management protocol, but it doesn't
put the required SM_CLIENT_ID property on the client leader window. It only
puts the properties for the obsolete protocol there (WM_COMMAND, etc.), and
since KDE also supports the obsolete protocol, and has no way of finding out
XMMS windows belong to an app supporting XSMP, xmms is restored once using
XSMP and once using the obsolete protocol.

Feel free to forward this to xmms bug system.
==== End of story

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer