Clipboard problems (yes, again)

Karl-Heinz Zimmer khz at kde.org
Wed Oct 30 18:07:28 GMT 2002

On Wednesday 30 October 2002 18:55, Lubos Lunak wrote:
> On Wednesday 30 October 2002 17:38, Carsten Pfeiffer wrote:
(...)
> > KClipboard could get a check to only do this when clipboard and
> > selection are not equal already.
>
>  This would not help in all cases I think, and I'm also afraid this
> check would be quite complicated (after only a while of thinking
> about it, so maybe I'm wrong). The thing hidden behind the simple
> QClipboard API isn't that simple.

Since the problem really seems to be complicated enough what about the
following proposal:

Wouldn't it be nice if Lubos removed the reverse feature so for KDE 3.1
we would only have the less error prone one-way selection->clipboard
syncing?

Then (after release) one could dig deeper into this things and try to
find a solution that matches all requerenments - or stay with the
one-way syncing if it finally turns out that there is indeed no sane
way to implement it otherwise...

So we would have something stable for the 3.1 release.

Does that sound good?

Karl-Heinz
--
Karl-Heinz Zimmer, Senior Software Engineer, Klarälvdalens Datakonsult AB
<mailto:khz at klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se>            <mailto:khz at kde.org>