Clipboard problems (yes, again)

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Wed Oct 30 16:56:56 GMT 2002

On Wednesday 30 October 2002 17:40, Neil Stevens wrote:

> On Wednesday October 30, 2002 08:31, Lubos Lunak wrote:
> >  You don't want the feature that much anyway - if you really cared, so
> > you'd try something constructive. I have better things to do than
> > chatting with you.
>
> I did far more construction than you did.  Some of that which you insist
> that I don't want was put in by me - I'm the one who went and first tried
> to put the KDE standard clipboad behavior into klipper when others were
> getting worried that KDE 3 was going to brea behaviors that users had come
> to rely up on for the entire lifetime of KDE.

 That's not what I meant. Be constructive now, and tell me why it shouldn't be
removed (e.g. 'the separated clipboard and selection have the problem XXX' or
'the reason why the syncing should stay is because ZYX'). That's what I want
to hear, simple facts, I don't care about 'waaah' or some politician-style
talk.

> If you want to be constructive, fix the bugs in Qt you admit to exist.  Qt
> 3.1 is not out yet, is it?

 You're still missing the point. I'm claiming the main bug is KClipboard
itself.

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer