Freedesktop stuff (ok to commit?)

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Fri Oct 25 09:21:56 BST 2002

On Friday 25 October 2002 07:23, Zack Rusin wrote:
> Ave,
>
> we've been sitting on this patch for a very long time now. Red-Hat guys
> (Harald Hoyer to be exact) even emailed this list and we still have
> only partially committed their patch saying that it's in. The kicker
> stuff is in but the kwin patch hasn't been applied. Therefore right now

 It's kdecore, not KWin patch, to be exact.

> we only have partial support for the Freedesktop docking standard,
> since we're in a deep freeze I'd like to ask everyone involved - OK to
> commit?

 The code fails to dock if the app is started before the panel or if the panel
restarts/crashes (not sure how likely is anything from this in GNOME). I also
wonder how much it has been actually tested (for example, what would happen
when running KDE with http://icculus.org/openbox/ , which seems to support
KDE docking, yet it's not KWin). Not that I personally care that much.

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer
SuSE CR, s.r.o.  e-mail: l.lunak at suse.cz , l.lunak at kde.org