KDE 3.1 RC1 planned next week

Reginald Stadlbauer reggie at trolltech.com
Tue Oct 22 12:50:06 BST 2002

On Monday 21 October 2002 14:08, Dirk Mueller wrote:
> On Mon, 21 Okt 2002, Stephan Kulow wrote:
> > Qt 3.1 issue. Will we delay 3.1 til Qt final is out or go we for 3.0.x?
> > There are so many issues that only show up with Qt 3.0 (if you ever
> > started a konsole linked against Qt 3.0.5 you'll know), that I'd very
> > much like to inrease the required Qt version for this RC.
>
> I tend to agree. From what I heard in rumours is that Qt 3.1 will be
> released in time for KDE, so from a timing point of view we can require it.

The plan is to release the public Qt 3.1 final in the week of the Nov. 11th. I
will give Dirk access to our internal release candidates when we start the
release process (next week), so that we can see if KDE works fine with it and
fix remaining problems.

> However, I#m not so sure from the  the technical point. what we face up to
> now is that current snapshots are a hell.

Are there any open issues which are a problem for KDE in Qt 3.1 which have not
been addressed yet? I mean in recent Qt 3.1 snapshots, not Qt 3.1 beta2.

--
Reggie (reggie at trolltech.com)