Making snapshots of qt-copy

Scott Wheeler wheeler at kde.org
Mon Oct 21 12:18:51 BST 2002

Quoting Chris Howells <"chris at chrishowells.co.uk"@mailhost.netweaver.net>:

> Is there any chance of making daily snapshots of qt-copy in addition
> to the regular modules? Unfortunately it's rather difficult for me
> to use CVS at the moment due to the fact that I have no choice but
> to use metered dialup access, although I do have access to faster
> machines with CD writers which I could use to download tarballs.

I believe that this is not done because of the QPL's requirement that you
can't distribute modified versions of Qt.  However, it shouldn't be a problem
to put the latest public releases of Qt plus a diff from that release to
qt-copy.

A simple:  "cvs diff -r QT_3_1_0_BETA2" does it for me.  It should be trivial
to write a script to pick out the last tag and put a diff on the web server.

That said, if you can get an initial check out of qt-copy, updating it should
be very possible via dial up.  It changes very little between syncs...

Cheers,

-Scott

--
I believe that a scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb
as the next guy.