Start new session...

Martijn Klingens klingens at kde.org
Mon Oct 14 21:39:38 BST 2002

On Monday 14 October 2002 01:42, Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:
> ah, ok.
> do you actually like it that way? don't you consider the explicit
> activation a big usability improvement?

Sure it's a massive improvement. And I'd love to have it. But it's a little
late :-)

> > There are not many features that justify ignoring feature and string
> > freezes,
>
> i still insist that this is no _new_ feature. :)

>From a GUI POV it definitely is...

> > especially if the code is more than a simple oneliner
>
> i don't see any correlation between code length and string freezes. ;-)

s/string freezes/feature freezes/ and try again :)

> i consider it a really trivial addition.
> the only critical part of the whole stuff was the partial rewrite of the
> unlock dialog. anyway, the code got quite some hammering in suse's beta
> test already.

Apparently not much usability testing though...

> > Sure, but you bring the feature now to a large audience, several
> > orders of magnitudes larger than you used to.
>
> no, as it's disabled by default.

... but still have to make sure it works reliable for those that enable it or
at least add some big fat warnings to the users. And the challenge is to do
that without breaking the string freeze ;-)

--
Martijn