Bug in eventloop handling in KDE's qt-copy (half a day old)

Andreas Beckermann b_mann at gmx.de
Sun Oct 13 13:04:19 BST 2002

On Sunday 13 October 2002 02:21, Joseph Wenninger wrote:
> Hi

Hi

> I think I found a bug in the enterLoop method. I have an application,
> which uses excessivly enter_loop, exit_loop, which worked perfect with
> Qt 3.0.x, but doesn't work anymore with Qt 3.1 beta X. The application
> is quanta in the KDE's cvs reprository.
>
> If I compare the code from Qt 3.0.5 and 3.1 beta, I think (and tested)
> that the following patch should fix the problem, and I can't see any
> negative side effects.
>
> Kind regards
> Joseph Wenninger
[...]
> -    if ( d->looplevel <= 1 ) {
> +    if ( d->looplevel < 1 ) {

I've got a similar problem in boson, where we use a
KFileDialog::getSaveFileName() to store a playfield. Once this call returns
(no matter whether the user clicked ok or cancel) KMainWindow::queryExit()
gets called, because QApplication::aboutToQuit() is emitted.
This makes my program pretty much unusable.

Your patch fixes the problem.

CU
Andi