Start new session...

Ralf Nolden nolden at kde.org
Wed Oct 9 23:45:58 BST 2002

On Wednesday 09 October 2002 22:26, Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:
> > When pressing 'shutdown' in kdm, is there a message?
>
> no, that's todo. that's not a five-minute-hack.

Then spend the night fixing that. I seldomly complain about a new feature, but
if your kid is allowed to shut down the machine while you have your texts in
another session unsaved, not to speak about artwork or anything else, the
programs get closed and often have no document saving and restoring as
experience shows, or kmail asking to purge all messages that are expired,
whatever, shutting down the machine without giving all owners of running
locked sessions the possibility to shut their session down by preventing
anyone to shut down the machine is a *very* bad idea. If I forgot that I have
a running session, I'm basically fscked when I found that my machine is
powered off. *Please* put this message box up saying there are other running
sessions that need to be closed before shutting down or rebooting the
machine!! Other than that, I would love this feature to go in, so I would be
very thankful if at least that would be fixed correctly to prevent family
dramas and colleagues killing each other at work.

Ralf
Ralf Nolden
nolden at kde.org