DCOP ' Couldn't attach to DCOP server'

Per Winkvist per.winkvist at telia.com
Wed Oct 9 21:16:01 BST 2002

On Wed, 9 Oct 2002, Martijn Klingens wrote:
> Besides Lubos' comments the patch even tries to set $DISPLAY when using
> the --user or --all-users command line options and I don't think that's
> going to work out.
>
> Also, doesn't 'dcop --user $USER <args>' work? I added this command line
> option for exactly this purpose, being able to call dcop from the console,
> even from another user account (root daemon processes and cron jobs!) if
> the permissions allow access to the user's dcop data in the home dir.

Yes, --user $USER worked out okay. I didn't know about the cmd options, sorry.
The purpose of the patch was just to help the user do what he really wants to
do, that is give a list of available services instead of showing an error.

Perhaps it could be implemented differently? Shouldn't dcop at least try to
use the current session the user have before giving error ? Or maby, atleast,
changing the error message ?

Per