KTextEditor

Don Sanders sanders at kde.org
Wed Oct 9 06:05:16 BST 2002

On Wednesday 09 October 2002 06:58, Zack Rusin wrote:
> On Tuesday 08 October 2002 17:08, Joseph Wenninger wrote:
> > Zack Rusin wrote:
> > >
> > >I never said that.
> >
> > IIRC Don Sanders said that .

I wasn't trying to rule anything out.

Instead I was trying to suggest how I would go about solving the task,
and that is by breaking the task down into manageable sized chunks.
Define an internal kmail composer interface, implement support for
that using different widgets/components including legacy support for
kedit. Remove the unneeded implementations if/when components add
support for the ktexteditor interface. Then if/when a component is
better than KEdit (for KMail's specific needs) make it the default,
and if possible remove the legacy KMEdit option and implementation.

> Don also said I'm free to choose the implementation.

Right.

Don.