Start new session...

Cristian Tibirna tibirna at kde.org
Wed Oct 9 05:04:31 BST 2002

Oswald, forgive me that I say it, you take this a bit too lightly. What about
providing a drop-in replacement of a traditional KDM (and the other kdebase
bits), which would offer the new session thing, so that people really wanting
it know exactly what they're doing.

Because...

On Tuesday, 08 October 2002 23:51, Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 08, 2002 at 10:34:39PM -0400, George Staikos wrote:
> > This should not have the "Do not show me again" box.  It's just not a
> > safe thing imho.
>
> that's paranoid.

I beg to differ. In fact, I hate all the "do not show me again" kinds of
things, even for the light things (like form posting in konq) because there's
never a way to turn them back on if I want (or if, say 2 months are passing
between two consecutive usages of such a "do not show me again"--requiring
feature)

> > - A warning in the message box that says that some hardware cannot
> > handle this behaviour and it could cause lockups and/or fail.
>
> if you want ...
> note: this is not a hardware thing, but always broken drivers. one more
> reason for the vendors to fix their drivers. :)

Joking you are, but you can't tell that to newbies (or even experienced!)
users, they will simply tell "damn KDE, it's crashing like a llama/mokey/[put
your abundantly salivanting animal here]"

Thanks for listening.

Cristian Tibirna .. tibirna at sympatico.ca
PhD student .. ctibirna at giref.ulaval.ca .. www.giref.ulaval.ca/~ctibirna
KDE developer .. tibirna at kde.org .. www.kde.org