userAgent string for Konqueror?

Vadim Plessky lucy-ples at mtu-net.ru
Fri Oct 4 08:07:55 BST 2002

On Wednesday 02 October 2002 12:27 am, David Faure wrote:
|  On Tuesday 01 October 2002 22:24, Karl-Heinz Zimmer wrote:
|  > Hi David,
|  >
|  > additionally to information on Konqueror your web team might find it
|  > usefull to know that also the (text-based!) browser Lynx allows changing
|  > the user agent string.
|  > However there are good chances to detect it, please read this excerpt of
|  >
|  > the Lynx help screens:
|  >     >> The Options Menu issues a reminder whenever the header is changed
|  >
|  >        to one which does not include "Lynx" or "L_y_n_x" <<
|  >
|  > So you guys can just look for "Lynx" or "L_y_n_x" to be pretty sure to
|  > detect most of the Lynx users and redirect them to the appropriate
|  > text mode pages (that you surely have ;-))
|
|  This is for the next release of the Flash Plugin, made by MacroMedia.
|  As far as I know, there is no text version of the flash plugin ;-)

But SVG can be rendered on text display, or on console in X.
Despite this fact, Adobe's SVG plugin also operates only in graphics mode. :-(
Sound like an opportunity for KDE :-)

BTW: I think *text part* of SWF files (if exist...) can be rendered on
console, too.

--

Vadim Plessky
http://kde2.newmail.ru  (English)