Release schedule reminder

Stephan Kulow coolo at kde.org
Wed Oct 2 12:24:22 BST 2002

Am Wednesday 02 October 2002 12:35 schrieb Allan Sandfeld Jensen:
> On Wednesday 02 October 2002 11:32, Frerich Raabe wrote:
> > On Wednesday 02 October 2002 01:03, Dirk Mueller wrote:
> > > as we'll announce KDE 3.1 beta2 today, I suggest that we go into the
> > > deep freeze period now. Which means:
> > >
> > > - No further i18n string changes
> >
> > I'd say fixing existing english strings (like, fixing typos or
> > incorrect/outdated explanations of what a program does) can be considered
> > bugfixing and thus should be allowed even though it implies changing i18n
> > strings.
>
> Another solution could be to introduce a new i18n EN_US that translates
> from developer-speak to real US english.

No damit no. Why is that hard to get that a message freeze starts shortly
before the release master and that the beta cycle is long enough to find
problems.
Malcom is translating the whole time the strings to en_UK to find spelling
errors in the original and you might want to help him.

Greetings, Stephan