How about this for kmid?

Alex Zepeda zipzippy at sonic.net
Wed Oct 2 04:38:33 BST 2002

On Tue, Oct 01, 2002 at 11:04:06PM +0200, Antonio Larrosa Jim?nez wrote:

> If I'm not wrong, machine/soundcard.h was added for BSD users (in fact, I
> think it was you who made that change :) ). Anyway, even if the latest BSD
> versions have changed it to sys/soundcard.h, I think there's nothing wrong
> with supporting also older versions.

Yes, I wouldn't be suprised if it was me who made that commit (I don't
think sys/ or linux/ are appropiate places for these headers).  Given that
NetBSD is the only one who uses something different (or so it seems), and
that versions of FreeBSD that use machine/soundcard.h are not supported by
KDE... I think it be nice to clean up the numerous preoprocessor stuffs.

- alex