Leaving KMail development

Marc Mutz mutz at kde.org
Fri Nov 29 15:21:43 GMT 2002

On Friday 29 November 2002 14:58, Don Sanders wrote:
<snip>
> However I've given my proposal, and that is Ingo and I share KMail
> maintainership, or whatever you wish to call final decision making
> power, and in the event of a conflict between Ingo and I Coolo gets
> the tie breaking vote.
<snip>

On Friday 27 September 2002 00:37, Dirk Mueller wrote:
<snip>
> - Michael Haeckel acts as Release Coordinator for KMail in HEAD
> branch for the KDE 3.1 release. That means he is allowed to approve
> and deny commits which should go into KMail for KDE 3.1 release. He
> does his decisions on the base which most of the contributors to
> KMail would agree to.
<snip>

When we stick to that role and the rule layed out by Dirk back then, we
don't need a "tie-breaker". We need someone who weighs what the
majority of contributors would do and then bases his decision on that.
We - well, _I_ - don't want or need a Linus.

Marc

--
Ein Grundrecht auf Sicherheit steht bewusst nicht in der Verfassung.
  -- Sabine Leutheusser-Schnarrenberger (ehem. Bundesjustizministerin)