Leaving KMail development

Marc Mutz mutz at kde.org
Fri Nov 29 08:44:32 GMT 2002

On Thursday 28 November 2002 21:23, Zack Rusin wrote:
<snip>
> Just wondering what happened with the idea of "KMail release
> coordinators"? I thought Don was supposed be the release coordinator
> for 3.2.
<snip>

Yes, call it "release dude" if you want. It's the same, just named
different.

I also propose that Ingo does this job for 3.2; here's why:

Myself and Don are a bit like antipodes of the KMail development
community. Thus, I think that neither of us represents the community
good enough. That basically leaves Ingo.

The second argument for Ingo is that the release dude has to make sure
that KMail 1.6 (KDE3.2) will be stable in time. Ingo has shown in the
last weeks that he is the most active bug squasher around here and that
he takes responsibility for other people's code, too, so that again
makes him the prime candidate.

Regrading you, Zack, Aaron and Carsten, I think you will agree with me
that it's not _yet_ your time :-)))

The other option would be an "external" release dude, such as Stephan or
Waldo. If one of them wants to do the job, I'm open for discussing
that.

Marc

--
The DMCA is unconstitutional, but they don't care. Until it's ruled
unconstitutional, they've won. If they can scare software companies,