Leaving KMail development

Zack Rusin zack at kde.org
Thu Nov 28 20:23:09 GMT 2002

On Thursday 28 November 2002 13:38, Michael Häckel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to tell you that I want to leave KMail development. As
> completely as possible. Reasons for this are as follows.

Hi Michael,

I just wanted to say "thank you". Thank you for all the work you've put
into KMail. Thank you for being the maintainer and code reviewer for
all of us. I know I can be a pain sometimes and probably pissed you off
quite a few times, but make no mistake I truly, from the bottom of my
heart respect your work.

> For the future of KMail I propose the following:
> Ingo Klöcker takes over maintainership. Besides that it was proposed
> to me that the work and responsibility will be shared by sub
> maintainers where e. g. Marc Mutz wants to take over the config
> dialog, identities, filtering and MIME parsing.

Just wondering what happened with the idea of "KMail release
coordinators"? I thought Don was supposed be the release coordinator
for 3.2.

Zack

--
"I get to go to lots of overseas places, like Canada." - Britney
Spears