kde binary building is not portable :(

Guillaume Laurent glaurent at telegraph-road.org
Wed Nov 27 16:44:01 GMT 2002

On Wednesday 27 November 2002 17:30, Adriaan de Groot wrote:
> Has anyone tried using AAP

Given the dev status I wouldn't even consider looking at it for KDE. There was
also a lengthy thread on the possibility of using cook :

http://www.canb.auug.org.au/~millerp/cook/cook.html

It also gives you parallel and distributed builds. I gave it a quick try and
was able to write a cook file for qt code, handling moc files and everything,
in just a couple of hours. The problem is still that porting KDE's build
system to it would require a lot of time, and migrating all the existing
makefiles would require even longer. Hence my asking for unsermake.

--
				Guillaume
				http://www.telegraph-road.org