kde binary building is not portable :(

Adriaan de Groot adridg at sci.kun.nl
Wed Nov 27 16:30:12 GMT 2002

On Wed, 27 Nov 2002, Guillaume Laurent wrote:
> On Wednesday 27 November 2002 11:06, Stephan Kulow wrote:
> > Alternativly we could dump automake for 3.2 and go for unsermake :)
>
> What's the status of unsermake ? As the guy taking care of most of the build
> problems for Rosegarden, I've grown to dislike automake and friends quite a
> bit. If you need a beta tester I'd really like to give it a try.

[About 2/3 on-topic here.] Has anyone tried using AAP (www.a-a-p.org) as
well? It's intended as something of a make replacement, is also written in
python, and is backed by some big names in software development (well, _I_
think they're big :) ).

[ade]

[Something about AAP] An AAP recipe is like a makefile, but you pretty
much mix python and makefile syntax, yielding a somewhat messy kind of
file. However, you can use the python parts to generate rules. I've got a
pile of definitions such that a typical AAP file for in a subdirectory of
KDE looks like

	:include $TOPDIR/am-vars
	:include Makefile.am
	:include $TOPDIR/kde-work

I don't know if it applies everywhere, though: i tested it on kscd under
the theory that that's an application plus a libtool library. No
benchmarking was done.