use of malloc.h in KDE

David Leimbach leimbacd at bellsouth.net
Fri Nov 22 12:32:54 GMT 2002

Hi Andy,

Best I can tell is there is no good reason to ever use malloc.h anymore
since the correct C standard place to place malloc's prototype is
stdlib.h.

I have had quite a few hellish experiences and the opportunity to beat
some
of my coworkers with a clue-bat on some occasions on this matter.

KDE should probably not use malloc.h as its not portable and any C
implementation
that does not have malloc in stdlib.h is just non-standard and should
be handled
as a corner case probably. IMO

Dave