Konqueror tabbed browsing usability

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Mon Nov 18 14:44:54 GMT 2002

On Monday November 18 2002 04:29, Andras Mantia wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  This is more a bug report and usability enhanhement request than wishlist.
> Some of the issues were already brought up, but it's good to remember. In
> case you think it's better I will fill a bug report.

   One thing that has been bugging me for a while about tabbed browsing, and
which I constantly forgot to mention, is that the keyboard bindings are
really annoying.  The reason?  It's too difficult to do with one hand.
Normally when browsing, one has a hand on the mouse and a hand on/near the
keyboard.  In order to open a new tab, it has to be done by the mouse or with
both hands (without straining).  CTRL+SHIFT+N is easy on my laptop, but very
difficult to do on my desktop keyboard.  I imagine those with split keyboards
find it far more difficult yet.

   Is there a better solution?

--

George Staikos