KRun Breakage (+Kate patch)

Waldo Bastian bastian at kde.org
Mon Nov 18 09:31:06 GMT 2002

On Monday 18 November 2002 02:04, Ryan Cumming wrote:
> Next, kfmexec downloads the remote file and runs Kate. However, it seems to
> think Kate has exited before it has even finished starting up. This causes
> kfmexec to remove the temporary file before Kate has a chance to read it.
> The result is Kate showing a blank file. This second bug seems like a bad
> KUniqueApplication interaction.

It's a bug in kate actually. Normally KUniqueApplication::newInstance() gets
called and only when this function returns does the process that was started
return. Kate should load the files passed on the command line in
newInstance(). But it delays the call to newInstance to later, which breaks
things.

It would probably work if Kate would delay the call to newInstance by using:
	kapp->dcopClient()->suspend(); // Don't handle DCOP requests yet
and
	kapp->dcopClient()->resume(); // Ok. We are ready for DCOP requests.
as done by KMail.

That should replace m_noEventLoop.

Patch attached, seems to work just fine.

Cheers,
Waldo