Release Criteria

Waldo Bastian bastian at kde.org
Sun Nov 17 11:30:20 GMT 2002

On Sunday 17 November 2002 10:34, Adriaan de Groot wrote:
> On Saturday 16 November 2002 20:02, Ian Reinhart Geiser wrote:
> > Well I am offering to try to do some of the Sun Q&A, since belive it or
> > not there is a fair amount of Sun spacific code (as is there freebsd and
> > irix) that your tests will never ever exersise on ia32 linux.
>
> I've been compiling KDE on Solaris (2.7 mostly) for ages and fixing what
> comes up. It's not a high priority for me, though, and I don't have a Sun
> machine to actually test what comes out of the compile.

I think the important part is that we make sure that someone like you compiles
the release candidate and confirms that it compiles and to some extent works.
Possibly with a brief description of the system it was tested on.

That doesn't come close to commercial style Q&A of course but it might just
catch some embarrasing problems.No need to make matters more complicated at
this point.

Cheers,
Waldo