Oh well...

Michael Brade brade at kde.org
Sat Nov 16 16:59:50 GMT 2002

On Saturday 16 November 2002 17:18, Tim Jansen wrote:
> I dont understand the problem. Especially konsole is *much* easier to
> identify with its blue color and the shell, compared to the hicolor icon.
?! The hicolor version was the only black icon. I don't think the hicolor icon
was harder to find than the crystal icon.

> KControl is a little bit more difficult, but not because of the use of
> black, but because the upper left corner is to similar to the background
> color. It could need a bit more contrast IMHO.
> Green can't be a solution, green hurts the eye when it is next to blue
> things.
You didn't get my main point: former hicolor users are used to a black konsole
icon, now the kcontrol icon is the former konsole icon with just an
additional screw driver! Ok, I don't mind too much if it is not green in the
end, but it should definitely _not_ be mainly black.

--
Michael Brade;                 KDE Developer, Student of Computer Science
  |-mail: echo brade !#|tr -d "c oh"|s\e\d 's/e/\@/2;s/$/.org/;s/bra/k/2'

KDE 3: The Next Generation in Desktop Experience