QDateTime and kdbgstream

Holger Freyther freyther at gmx.net
Tue Nov 12 11:54:38 GMT 2002

On Tuesday 12 November 2002 12:01, David Faure wrote:
> On Tuesday 12 November 2002 11:47, Holger Freyther wrote:
> > Hi devels,
> > I would like to commit the following patch after KDE3.1 was released.
> > It adds 3 operator<<'s. One for QDateTime, one for QTime and one for
> > QDate.
>
> Looks good. This makes me wonder why kdebugclasses.h is all inlined.
I do not really see a reason for that too.
> I mean, with your approach, only forward declarations are needed in the .h
> file, so it's indeed no problem to add some more types to kdebug.h
> With kdebugclasses.h, the calling code has to include all those additional
> headers. Why don't we use this approach (non-inline methods) for all the
> types handled by kdebugclasses.h? Then we could move all those to kdebug.h,
> since it would involve no #include cost. (Who cares about runtime costs,
> for a kdDebug statement?)
For khtml or kio http this could be a problem ( speed issue ) but I think not
that either khtml or kio http is using one of the kdebugclasses operators.

> Ah BTW your patch misses empty inline versions for kndbgstream (the
> --disable-debug case).
Ok the following patch also covers that case.

regards Holger
Holger 'zecke' Freyther
developer
Project OPIE- the Open Palmtop Integrated Environment
http://opie.handhelds.org | http://www.opie.info (german)
IRC: irc.freenode.net #opie #opie.de