KDE 3.1.0 RC2 still has odd kdm problem

Hans Meine hans_meine at gmx.net
Thu Nov 7 12:56:50 GMT 2002

Javier Marcet <jmarcet at pobox.com> writes:
> load the whole KDE. However the keyboard won't work either. I cannot
> even Ctrl+Alt+Fx to go a console. The only way is choosing 'Console
> Login' from kdm.

I have had that, too, long ago; but it was totally unrelated to a KDE
version: You get that behaviour if xdm starts X with /dev/tty7 as
parameter (Xservers config file), but init runs xdm on another console
(which I configured in inittab IIRC). Then the keyboard focus can be a
different console from that whose X screen you see.

(The Ctrl+Alt+Fx failure suggests that your problem has a similar
cause IMO.)

--
Ciao,  /  /
      /--/