[quanta-devel] Re: Quanta within KDE 3.1

Andras Mantia amantia at virtualartisans.com
Thu Nov 7 10:59:27 GMT 2002

On 2002. November 07., Thursday 10:23, Stephan Kulow wrote:
[...]
> > Hi, as I stated the 3 other files (kmd-*.pot and widgets.pot) are not
> > belonging to Quanta, but to the subproject Kommander , which can be
> > disabled during compilation. Quanta is fully featured without it , and
> > Kommander is still in demo state.
>
> Still it needs to be translated.

Right, but I don't think this is urgent. For more information: Kommander is a
modified QT Designer to support scripting dialogs and it's based on the 3.0.x
QT Designer. Looking at the new one from QT 3.1, I'm pretty sure that there
will be soon a rewrite of Kommander. This also make translating it
unnecessary at this moment, as there may be a lot of new/changed strings.
Anyway, Kommander is not my teritory.

> > > I'm strongly opposed to release it with 3.1, fix these problems (in
> > > merging all these POT files into quanta.pot and called
> > > KLocale::setMainCatalogue("quanta") in your main funtions. Then we can
> > > move the documentation translation and the po files into kde-i18n and
> > > release it with 3.1.1.
> > >
> > > What I wonder: do you plan to release quanta from now only in the
> > > context of KDE releases or not?
> >
> > Yes, the main plan would be this, just as I told you.
>
> OK, then the quanta.po files don't belong in others. Would you mind when I
> move them into kdesdk? Or do you prefer any other module name?

Do you want to move the whole Quanta in kdesdk? Or just the translation
files?? Personally I would prefer to have quanta in its own module, but it
may be also ok to have in kdesdk. On this issue I would like to hear Eric
Laffoon's opinion.

Andras