Official representatives

Duncan Mac-Vicar Prett duncan at kde.org
Wed Nov 6 21:05:57 GMT 2002

El Wednesday 06 November 2002 17:05, escribió:
> . o O ( Where was it? )
> Yes! I remember now! http://worldwide.kde.org/
> That's very incomplete, though. Also, the map image is missing now.

Well, then we can do the databse first (LDAP is a good idea since we can do an
addressbook resource ) and make the map read from the directory... does LDAP
support pictures?

> > Also, if you need a spokesman for Chile, I would be happy to offer
> > myself, since I am already giving KDE Dev talks here from time to time
> > and that way if someone in Chile needs to contact the project they can
> > avoid an expensive call to my neighbour Roberto :-)

> And I offer myself fo Brazil as international calls are quite expensive :-)

I agree

> Roberto Alsina is listed as official representativa for all Latin America
> IIRC. However, I keep getting calls and emails to give talks[1] about KDE
> or to answer questions to newspapers and magazines. They find my name in
> computer magazines and stuff and I doubt they've ever heard about an
> official representative of KDE. People go after whoever they find nearer, I
> guess. :-)

Well, all other countries are listed by country and not by continent, and
having a contact per country is a good idea to promote kde more intensively.
I do all I can to promote it... Kopete is pretty famous at my university and
all people here call it the Chilean messenger for Linux :-) .... my
experience made lot of young people to motivate to start writing software. I
have gave 2 presentations, one at LinuxForum at my Univ. for that one we got
lot of people and all was organized by me and two friends. Pictures of the
croud:
http://www.mac-vicar.com/~duncan/galleries/Eventos/LinuxForum/webimage.html
The other was at Hackit 2002 Chile.... less people but more programmers

I hope we can have more focused contacts per country, and I wait for more core
developers to comment our offers for Chile and Brazil.

Cheers
Duncan

- --
   .-.