Official representatives

Roberto Selbach Teixeira roberto at kde.org
Wed Nov 6 20:05:33 GMT 2002

On Wednesday 06 November 2002 07:59, Duncan Mac-Vicar Prett wrote:
> Talking about people I remember that I talked with someone time ago about
> doing a directory of people in the project, so we can have all data,
> involved projects, picture, cvs account, active flag, etc database powered.

And someone did something like this. Wasn't it Chris Howells? I think he had
some database of developers somewhere. I may be wrong though...

. o O ( Where was it? )

Yes! I remember now! http://worldwide.kde.org/

That's very incomplete, though. Also, the map image is missing now.

> Also, if you need a spokesman for Chile, I would be happy to offer myself,
> since I am already giving KDE Dev talks here from time to time and that way
> if someone in Chile needs to contact the project they can avoid an
> expensive call to my neighbour Roberto :-)

And I offer myself fo Brazil as international calls are quite expensive :-)

Roberto Alsina is listed as official representativa for all Latin America
IIRC. However, I keep getting calls and emails to give talks[1] about KDE or
to answer questions to newspapers and magazines. They find my name in
computer magazines and stuff and I doubt they've ever heard about an official
representative of KDE. People go after whoever they find nearer, I guess. :-)

	Roberto.

[1] BTW, just out of curiosity, an university in Southern Brazil regularly
invites me to give KDE development talks and workshops for their CompSci
students. I thought you'd like to know KDE dev is being taught in a college
:-)