Quanta within KDE 3.1

Éric Bischoff e.bischoff at noos.fr
Wed Nov 6 12:03:15 GMT 2002

Le Wednesday 06 November 2002 12:46, Dirk Mueller a écrit:
> On Mit, 06 Nov 2002, Thomas Diehl wrote:
> > Well, the translators asked over and over about the status of Quanta on
> > kde-i18n-doc (which is read by the Release Coordinator and several other
> > core developers), I also forwarded at least one of these mails to Eric
> > Laffoon but never got an answer or any indication that Quanta would be in
> > the 3.1 release.
>
> FYI I had a short discussion with Eric and we agreed that if he wants it to
> be announced with KDE 3.1 he should drop me a note.

I suppose you mean Eric Laffoon ;-)

> Well, he didn't contact me for RC1 so I partly forgot about it and partly
> thought that it will be released at a later point, but yesterday I was
> contacted so I uploaded a Quanta tarballs.
>
> I understand that the translation problem is big. I think in cause coolo
> didn't do it already we can include the quanta cvs module into the regular
> translation message merging script. I guess there will be a KDE 3.1.1 /
> Quanta 3.1.1 in time for including all the translations.

No problem from my side. I can rename all the docs and doc messages so that
they follow the usual naming scheme. I am just wondering whether Eric fully
switched to XML docs, or he still does everything in HTML. In the latter
case, then the conversion work is huge before we can integrate quanta in the
normal documentation process.

When do we do that? After KDE 3.1 is tagged, or right now?

--
- Do you know the four basic nutrition groups?
- Errr... Hamburger, soda, French fries and dessert?