Quanta within KDE 3.1

Thomas Diehl thd at kde.org
Wed Nov 6 10:21:01 GMT 2002

Am Mittwoch, 6. November 2002 11:01 schrieb Andras Mantia:

>  I would also prefer to see Quanta in KDE 3.1, so I've created the pot file
> and I attach it now. You can also get it from the CVS (quanta/po). There
> are already some translation, altough they may be out of date.

Thanks, but this is not the way how translations work in KDE. The POT file
needs to be part of kde-i18n/templates and existing translations have to be
in kde-i18n/language-code/messages/module. You may contact  Lukáš Tinkl or
Stephan Kulow for the details how to achieve this (if they don't react on
this themselves).

>  Unfortunately I'm not subscibed to the kde-i18n-doc list so I haven't knew
> about your questions. I've had some conversation with Lauri Watts, but that
> was mainly regarding the documentation.

Documentation POTs should be in kde-i18n/templates/docs/module.

> PS: In the CVS there is also a kmdr-executor.pot, kmdr-editor.pot and
> widgets.pot. Those belong to the app. called Kommander, and my opinion is
> to skip the translation of those now, as you will not have any time. I'm
> not the developer of Kommander, but I hope that Marc Britton, who wrote it,
> will agree.

Well, like I said: the goal of many (or most) translation teams is to provide
their users with a fully localized desktop environment. Please be aware that
for many people programs in a English language are simply unusable.

Thomas

--
KDE translation: http://i18n.kde.org
Deutsche KDE-Uebersetzung: http://i18n.kde.org/teams/de