[Patch] kconf_update

Dawit A. adawit at kde.org
Mon Nov 4 05:33:34 GMT 2002

On Sunday 03 November 2002 20:18, Carsten Pfeiffer wrote:

> Hi,
>
> kconf_update seems to be broken, at least the following file is not being
> applied. Processed yes and put into the kconf_updaterc, but it doesn't do
> anything.
>
> Id=04112002
> File=klipperrc,kdeglobals
> Group=Global Shortcuts
> Key=Show Klipper Popup-Menu
> AllKeys
> RemoveGroup=Global Shortcuts

Hmm... I am really confused by this update file:

1.) Why do yoy specify Key= only then to precede it by AllKeys ?

2.) Is the File= setting correct ?  The one above states that you want to move
the settings from klipperrc -> kdeglobals not the other way around.  If so,
then the Group= setting is wrong since there is no such group in klipperrc.
You must have meant Group=Global,Global Shortcuts no ?  This also makes the
RemoveGroup= setting questionable since it would delete everything under
Global Shortcuts in kdeglobals :(

See kdelibs/kconf_update/README.kconf_update for details.

Regards,
Dawit A.