Add KRename to KDE Utils

Dominik Seichter domseichter at t-online.de
Sat Nov 2 15:31:13 GMT 2002

Hi,

I am the author of KRename. A batch file renamer for KDE3. I would like to ask
if it is possible to put KRename into KDE CVS for KDE 3.2 as part of the
kde-utils module. What do you think about it?

KRename has a lots of features, including basic renaming operations like
converting all filenames to lowercase, but it has also more advanced
functions like KFilePlugins support and undoing of renaming operations.

It is already stable and the current version is 2.4.1. If you want to try it
get it from http://krename.sf.net . Screenshots are avaible at:
http://krename.sourceforge.net/modules.php?name=Screenshots

What are steps to get it into the CVS (besides asking for it ;). How can I
import KRename and get a CVS account? It has been developed outside of CVS,
so there is no CVS history to import.
If it is too early for a discussion of new additions to kde-utils, I can also
ask after KDE 3.1 is out.

CU Dom
Dominik Seichter - domseichter at web.de
Krename - http://krename.sf.net