KClipboard/Klipper patch: clipboard->selection syncing

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Fri Nov 1 14:36:29 GMT 2002

On Friday 01 November 2002 15:10, Neil Stevens wrote:

> On Friday November 01, 2002 06:05, Lubos Lunak wrote:
> >  Hello,
> >
> >  please review the attached patches for kdelibs/kdecore and
> > kdebase/klipper. They remove the GUI option for clipboard->selection
> > syncing, the GUI option for selection->clipboard syncing stays (off by
> > default). Die-hard KDE2 style fans can read the top of kclipboard.cpp
> > and still enable even the clipboard->selection syncing, so that Neil
> > won't have his 'bad regression of broken behavior' (even though the mail
> > from Magnus shows that this feature wasn't in KDE3.0.1+ anyway).
>
> Suggestion:  As you seem to be leading efforts for clipboard
> standardization and debugging, I would suggest that you create a Clipboard
> package or component in bugs.kde.org.  This way if you or I or anyone else
> has issues with the clipboard behavior, they can be documented and
> discussed more easily.
>
> I don't know if it should be a component of kdelibs, or klipper, or a
> package of its own.  But one place to centralize any issues people have
> with it.
>
> What do you think?

 Sounds like a very good idea (probably because it is). I created
kde/clipboard at bugs.kde.org (I didn't know what to write in the owner
field, so I wrote my mail there ;) ). Feel free to reassign relevant bugs
(but app specific ones will be usually assigned back with an explanation
anyway ;)  ).

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer